← back to the main page
Location of the meetingThe meeting will take place at Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Campus Riedberg, which is located in the northern outskirts of Frankfurt am Main.
We meet in the "Otto Stern Zentrum", Ruth-Moufang-Str. 2, 60437 Frankfurt am Main (
- Oct 24, 2012 (Wed): seminar room 4 (S4).
- Oct 25, 2012 (Thu): seminar room 4 (S4).
- Oct 26, 2012 (Fri): seminar room 3 (S3).
The "Otto Stern Zentrum" can be reached easily by public transportation. Take subway (U-Bahn) U8 in direction "Riedberg" and leave the train at the second last station "Uni Campus Riedberg". From there you can walk to the "Otto Stern Zentrum" (around 100 meters). Information regarding public transportation in Frankfurt am Main can be found at
How to reach Frankfurt am Main
- We have a big international airport (
http://www.frankfurt-airport.de/content/frankfurt_airport/de.html, from which it is easy to reach Campus Riedberg via public transportation ( http://www.rmv.de/en/); you will need around 1 hour.
- There is another airport, Frankfurt Hahn (
http://www.hahn-airport.de/), which is frequently offered, when you are looking for a flight to Frankfurt am Main. This airport is, however, quite far away from Frankfurt am Main. You need to take a bus, which takes around 90 minutes to Frankfurt am Main plus additional around 45 minutes to reach Campus Riedberg via public transportation. If possible we recommend to book a flight to our international airport, not to Frankfurt Hahn.
- You will most likely arrive at our main station "Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof". From there it is easy to reach Campus Riedberg via public transportation (
http://www.rmv.de/en/); you will need around 45 minutes.
- Please use Google Maps (
https://maps.google.de/maps/); to find parking in the vicinity of the university Campus is possible, but not trivial.
HousingThree possibilities for your stay in Frankfurt are the following:
- Hotel Excelsior:
- Around 60 Euro per night including breakfast.
- A nice hotel located directly across the main station; you will need around 30 minutes to reach Campus Riedberg via public transportation (S1, S2, S3, ... main station to "Hauptwache", then U8 "Hauptwache" to "Uni Campus Riedberg").
- Hotel Brighella:
- Around 70 Euro per night.
- A nice, but rather small hotel located halfway between the city center and Campus Riedberg; you will need around 15 minutes to reach Campus Riedberg via public transportation (U8 "Lindenbaum" to " Uni Campus Riedberg").
- Relaxa Hotel:
- Around 125 Euro per night.
- Rather expensive, but within walking distance (around 10 minutes) of Campus Riedberg.
FoodAt Campus Riedberg there are a couple of canteens and coffee shops, where you can have breakfast, a coffee, a sandwich, a hot meal for lunch etc.
One of the coffee shops is only 20 meters away from our seminar room at "Otto Stern Zentrum".
In the evening at around 19:30 we plan to have joint dinner with those of you, who are interested:
- Wednesday evening: we go to the restaurant "Lahmer Esel" (lame donkey;
http://www.lahmer-esel.de/), where they mainly serve traditional local German food.
- Thursday evening: we go to the Asian restaurant "Jinmel's Kitchen" (
When registering, please let us know, whether you intend to join the dinner on Wednesday and/or Thursday (we would like to reserve an appropriate table).
RegistrationPlease register by filling out the following form and sending it via email to email@example.com.
I would like to give a presentation: ( ) yes ( ) no.
If yes, title/topic of the presentation:
I intend to join the dinner at "Lahmer Esel" on Wednesday: ( ) yes ( ) no.
I intend to join the dinner at "Jinmel's Kitchen" on Thursday: ( ) yes ( ) no.
Besides having individual presentations, we should also have discussions about topics of general interest. Please make suggestions, i.e. let us know, what you think needs or should be discussed.
Organizers, contactIn case of any questions or problems, do not hesitate to contact us:
- Marc Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +49 (0)69 798 - 47835).
- Andrea Klein (email@example.com, phone +49 (0)69 798 - 47834).
- Martin Kalinowski (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +49 (0)69 798 - 47838).
- Mariam Atoui (LPC- Clermont Ferrand France).
- Benoit Blossier (CNRS, LPT Orsay).
- Florian Burger (HU Berlin).
- Nuria Carrasco Vela (IFIC-Universitat de Valencia).
- Krzysztof Cichy (DESY Zeuthen).
- Martha Constantinou (University of Cyprus).
- Petros Dimopoulos (University of Roma Tor Vergata).
- Simon Dinter (NIC, DESY Zeuthen).
- Vincent Drach (NIC, DESY Zeuthen).
- Arthur Dromard (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main).
- Roberto Frezzotti (INFN and University of Roma Tor Vergata).
- Elena Garcia Ramos (HU Berlin and DESY Zeuthen).
- Gregorio Herdoiza (IFT, UAM).
- Grit Hotzel (HU Berlin).
- Karl Jansen (NIC, DESY Zeuthen).
- Martin Kalinowski (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main).
- Bartosz Kostrzewa (HU Berlin).
- Chris Michael (University of Liverpool).
- Konstantin Ottnad (HISKP, Universität Bonn).
- David Palao (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main).
- Elisabetta Pallante (University of Groningen).
- Lorenzo Riggio (University Roma Tre).
- Francesco Sanfilippo (LPT Orsay).
- Andrea Shindler (HU Berlin).
- Cecilia Tarantino (University Roma Tre).
- Carsten Urbach (HISKP, Universität Bonn).
- Marc Wagner (Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main).
- Urs Wenger (University of Bern).
- Wednesday (Oct 24, 2012).
- 14:00 - 14:25 "Status of electroweak observables", Grit Hotzel.
- 14:25 - 14:50 "Chiral condensate for twisted mass fermions at maximal twist",
Elena Garcia Ramos.
- 14:50 - 15:15 "Quark mass anomalous dimension from the twisted mass Dirac operator
spectrum", Krzysztof Cichy.
- 15:15 - 15:40 "Finite temperature with Nf = 2", Florian Burger.
- 16:30 - 16:55 "Progress in the calculation of nucleon matrix elements", Simon Dinter.
- 16:55 - 17:20 "Isospin Breaking and X space renormalization constant O(g2) corrections",
- 17:20 - 19:00 Discussion: "Isospin breaking".
- 19:30 dinner at "Lahmer Esel"
- Thursday (Oct 25, 2012).
- 09:00 - 09:25 "Nucleon form factors from Nf = 2+1+1: Connected and disconnected
contributions", Martha Constantinou.
- 09:25 - 09:50 "Quark Masses And Decay Constants (1)", Lorenzo Riggio.
- 09:50 - 10:15 "Quark Masses And Decay Constants (2)", Petros Dimopoulos.
- 11:00 - 12:45 Discussion: "Scale setting".
- 14:00 - 14:25 "Sigma terms of the nucleon", Vincent Drach.
- 14:25 - 14:50 "Results for η, η' mesons from Nf = 2+1+1 tmLQCD", Konstantin Ottnad.
- 14:50 - 15:15 "Strange and charm meson masses from twisted mass lattice QCD",
- 15:15 - 15:40 "Scalar mesons and tetraquarks by means of lattice QCD", Marc Wagner.
- 16:30 - 16:55 "Nf = 2 bag parameters for the D0-D0 oscillations with four lattice spacings",
Nuria Carrasco Vela.
- 16:55 - 17:20 "Computation of B → D** form factors in full QCD", Benoit Blossier.
- 17:20 - 19:00 Discussion: "Computer time resources (which proposals were successful,
- 19:30 dinner at "Jinmel's Kitchen"
- Friday (Oct 26, 2012).
- 09:00 - 09:25 "Queuing for smeared clovers with a twist (status of tmLQCD code
development)", Bartosz Kostrzewa.
- 09:25 - 09:50 "Testing a new action", Carsten Urbach.
- 10:30 - 12:00 Discussion: "Future simulations".
← back to the main page