Dr. Arya Dhar
| Institut für Theoretische Physik |
| Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität |
| Max-von-Laue-Str. 1 |
| 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany |
| 069 / 798 - 47823|
| 069 / 798 - 47881|
- My research interests include strongly correlated systems in the ultracold gases in optical lattices. Previously I have looked at ground state phase diagrams in bosonic systems with different geometries using density matrix renormalization group (DMRG) and matrix product states (MPS) methods. I also studied the dynamics by quenching from one phase to another to one or more critical points and looking at the defects formed as a function of quench rate to find Kibble-Zurek like mechanism. I then moved on to fermionic Hubbard model with nearest neighbour interactions and look at the effects of spin and mass imbalance. Currently I am interested in non-equilibrium phenomena using dynamical mean-field theory (DMFT) and bosonic dynamics using time-dependent Gutzwiller and projection operator approaches.
- "Bose Hubbard model in a strong effective magnetic field : Emergence of a Chiral Mott insulator ground state", Arya Dhar, Maheswar Maji, Tapan Mishra, R. V. Pai, Subroto Mukerjee, and Arun Paramekanti,
Phys. Rev. A 85, 041602(R) (2012)
- "Chiral Mott insulator with staggered loop currents in the fully frustrated Bose Hubbard model", Arya Dhar, Tapan Mishra, Maheswar Maji, R. V. Pai, Subroto Mukerjee, and Arun Paramekanti, Phys. Rev. B 87, 174501 (2013)
- "Quasi adiabatic dynamics of ultracold bosonic atoms in one-dimensional optical lattice", Arya Dhar, Davide Rossini, B. P. Das, Phys. Rev. A 92, 033610 (2015)
- "Population imbalance in the extended Fermi Hubbard model", A. Dhar, J. J. Kinnunen, P. Törmä, Phys. Rev. B 94, 075116 (2016)
- Tutor in Quantum Mechanics Course in Summer 2016.